Sunday, June 3, 2012

Je manque à Paris

I miss Paris.

This longing for the city of lights stems from my friend's return to the United States after a semester abroad in Copenhagen, Denmark as she discussed her time in the beautiful city.

A year ago, I was returning from my own adventure in France. I immersed myself in the country, speaking the language, marveling at all the art I studied in my art history classes--it was a dream! I was even mistaken to be French several times, which was quite flattering. In short, I felt like I belonged there and would do anything to live and work in Paris as a graphic designer.


Today my outfit is rather reminiscent of the quintessential striped shirt often associated with the French culture. Little did I know when I put on this shirt this morning that I would be missing the city it is often associated with.





When searching for videos on typography (yes, I'm THAT nerdy when it comes to type), I stumbled across this sweet little film about Paris and the French language. I was in love. The type is quite beautiful, as well as the French language.


Outfit Details
Shirt - TJ Maxx
Leggings - Target
Belt - Target
Necklace - Craft Fair in Des Moines, Iowa
Shoes - Sperry
Glasses - Rayban


1 comment:

  1. HI! Lovely blog you ladies have here!! Just wnt to let you ladies know, GNOIX is a new online fashion store. Please come by and check our current inventories and special promo at WWW.SHOPGNOIX.COM !! GNOIX is now following you through blogspot and hope that you will do the same for us. And by following, you can hear about our special promos or giveaways on our blogspot!! And one more addition, LIKE US ON FACEBOOK AND THERE WILL BE MORE DEAL OF THE DAY FOR OUR WEBSITE!

    GNOIX (Pronounce as NOISE)
    "Where fashion cannot be MUTE!!"

    www.shopgnoix.com
    www.facebook.com/gnoixboutique
    instagram: @gnoixboutique

    ReplyDelete